PvP Interview by Emmanuel Lusinchi @MMORPG.com
Emmanuel Lusinchi is a Bioware 's Associate Lead Designer .
Yesterday, he answered 13 very interesting questions from Michael Bitton about PvP mechanism in Swtor.We have read the whole Q&A article and we choose the most important informations that we found in these answers.
1. First of all we have confirmation of Open World mmo in both PvP and PvE servers.
2. warzones will be strictly 8 players VS 8 players
3. we will have also dueling fights
4. warzones will be more than two !
5. PvP will be rewarding us with loot, XP, credits
6. Players will take their first steps into PvP at 10 level and this is not different between PVP & PVE servers , but maybe will change after the tests.
7. Right now they are planning for PVE & PVP servers , and they are thinking for RP-PVP servers too ( i disaggree with RP-PVP servers,it's waste of time . they will be the first servers that will be empty or players will choose because there is not available slot inside a PVP server )
8. No WORD about Guild benefits from PVP , like hold a territory ( Grrrr ... i want economic mechanisms between guilds )
9. He introduced Resolve Bar : it is an energy bar that will appear only in PvP and it makes player immune to controlling effects, like stuns , roots , knockback e.t.c. ( i liked that )
10. PvP rewards like PVP tokens, which are called Valor Tokens .which are a currency that you can redeem at certain vendors specifically for PvP loot.
11 No Companions inside Warzones !!! ( good choise )
That's all folks ... if you want read more and of cource the comments in mmorpg.com, read the ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.
Swtor FanSite Eula
"This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
© 2008-2009 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or ‘deep link’ to any image, video or sound clip directly.
Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.”