Emmanuel Lusinchi is a Bioware 's Associate Lead Designer .
Yesterday, he answered 13 very interesting questions from Michael Bitton about PvP mechanism in Swtor.We have read the whole Q&A article and we choose the most important informations that we found in these answers.
1. First of all we have confirmation of Open World mmo in both PvP and PvE servers.
2. warzones will be strictly 8 players VS 8 players
3. we will have also dueling fights
4. warzones will be more than two !
5. PvP will be rewarding us with loot, XP, credits
6. Players will take their first steps into PvP at 10 level and this is not different between PVP & PVE servers , but maybe will change after the tests.
7. Right now they are planning for PVE & PVP servers , and they are thinking for RP-PVP servers too ( i disaggree with RP-PVP servers,it's waste of time . they will be the first servers that will be empty or players will choose because there is not available slot inside a PVP server )
8. No WORD about Guild benefits from PVP , like hold a territory ( Grrrr ... i want economic mechanisms between guilds )
9. He introduced Resolve Bar : it is an energy bar that will appear only in PvP and it makes player immune to controlling effects, like stuns , roots , knockback e.t.c. ( i liked that )
10. PvP rewards like PVP tokens, which are called Valor Tokens .which are a currency that you can redeem at certain vendors specifically for PvP loot.
The Official confirmation
"First, thank you to all of you who participated in our Comic-Con Reveal mission! While we didn't quite make the numbers, we definitely saw how excited the community is about this and how everyone came together. After all of that, there's no way we could hold back with our special reveal at Comic-Con!
If you’ve been following the news coming out of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ panel at Comic-Con International, you’ve heard the announcement that we will indeed have Space Combat as part of the TOR experience! But what does that mean? Space combat is an alternative gameplay experience to the primary game of storytelling, questing, and ground-based combat. In space combat, you fly your personal ship to various “hot spots” on your galaxy map. From there, you will blast your way through asteroid fields, enemy fighters, frigates, destroyers, and a variety of other obstacles that will evoke memories of some of the great Star Wars™ space battles.
Swtor FanSite Eula
"This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
© 2008-2009 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or ‘deep link’ to any image, video or sound clip directly.
Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.”